Big Blue Experience
What happens when you take inner city kids, bring 'em to the beach
and teach 'em how to surf? It's not just some average-sized, everyday
experience; it's the 5th annual Big Blue Experience, and it's coming
back to South Mission Beach in San Diego on Saturday October 1st.
Event organizers still need help, in the form of volunteers -- instructional,
transportation and event; and donations -- surfboards, t-shirts,
stickers, money, whatever; All donations will go to San Diego Youth
& Communities Services/Youth Education Town and are tax deductible,
so you have no excuse for not donating that browning hunk of fiberglass
and foam in your backyard. To volunteer, donate, or help in any
way, contact Jorge Beaumont at (619) 980-2590 or Lisa Mix at (760)
807-5472. Email: Jorge_Beaumont@hotmail.com
Come Join us!
Special Guest Speaker...
Click the link below for directions and information.
5th Annual Big Blue Experience
Saturday, October 1st, 2005
(next to the Lifeguard Headquarters)
Flyer available with more info. E-mail us if you would like one.
Click here to volunteer!
- Group ocean awareness and surf instruction on the beach for 40 youth
- 1: 1 ratio of surfer to kid instruction in the water
- Mini-surf contest
- Food & beverages
- Fox 6 News coverage
- T-shirts for all participants
We could always use your help in the following:
- Volunteers for surfing instruction, transportation, and event help.
- Surfboard donations for the youth to keep after their "Big Blue Experience"
- (Come onů donate that old board you never ride anymore! These teens will be stoked!)
- Donations for T-Shirts and food.
- All donations will go to San Diego Youth & Communities Services/Youth Education Town and are tax deductible!